Here Is Arase's Reaction To IGP Idris's Allegation of Stolen Cars

The immediate-past Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase, on Monday in Abuja, denied taking away 24 police vehicles as alleged by his successor, IGP Ibrahim Idris.

He described the allegation as lies.The ex-IGP also denied getting any letter from Idris after leaving office, adding that he (Arase) had been in the United Kingdom since his retirement.

Mr. Arase made the clarification in a statement he signed on Monday from the UK, where he said he had traveled to for his son’s graduation.

According to him, all the information needed by his successor on vehicles bought by the police were in his handover notes. He said all vehicles bought by the police under him were distributed to the state commands and other appropriate units of the Nigeria Police Force.

Arase added, “I suspect there must be a disconnect somewhere because the information needed by my successor are provided in my handover notes. I’m also not aware that any letter was written to me because if there was any, dropped in my house, someone would have alerted me.

“It’s unfortunate that this matter is being made a media issue because my successor has my telephone number and could have called me for any clarification or even sent me a text message rather than addressing the media on an issue well documented in my handover notes.”

But IGP Idris had said Arase went away with 24 police vehicles while the seven DIGs of Police, who retired alongside him, also carted away between seven and eight cars each.

He had said, “When I took over, there was no vehicle, even the vehicle I would use. I discovered the last IG went away with 24 vehicles; the DIGs, some of them eight, some of them seven. The IG’s vehicles included two BMW 7 series, one armoured; and he left me with an old car.”

IGP Idris said all the cars he's talking about were at the Force Headquarters just one week before he was appointed, but the cars suddenly disappeared. Something is not right, but they will settle.
Here Is Arase's Reaction To IGP Idris's Allegation of Stolen Cars Here Is Arase's Reaction To IGP Idris's Allegation of Stolen Cars Reviewed by Unknown on 03:56 Rating: 5

No comments:

To Get Updates Straight To Your Phone, Simply Add Our BB PIN: 2B48AA76 Or You Can Reach Us Through WhatsApp On 09091363823

Powered by Blogger.